Sunday, December 13, 2009

Crazy Cookie Weekend!!!!

Wow...I am totally baked out. My mom came over Saturday all day and baked cookies with my girls and I . What a fun time. We didn't go as crazy as last year, we only made 5 different kinds this year. Last year I think we made at least 10 different kinds. We tried something new this year...homemade marshmallows. What a fun sticky treat! The girls had a blast baking with mom and Nana all day. Today we were SUPPOSED to have friends over for our annual gingerbread house decorating, well that didn't happen. We were getting ready, and my poor 2 1/2 yr. old got sick all over the place. So much for guests today. I made her rest while the other girls and I decorated marshmallows, cookies, and gingerbread houses. She did start to feel better enough to do some gingerbread house at least...since we don't' eat those I don't worry as much about her breathing the sick germs on them. FUN weekend for sure. I love passing the tradition of holiday baking on to my girls. I still remember baking with my mom and my grandma as a little girl. Here is a photo of our freshly decorated cutouts. After all that hard work I needed a trip to the stamp room to relax. I worked on a couple different projects, and am going to share this one with you. Next Monday is my DD's 7th birthday. I still can't believe she is going to be 7 already...time flies! I made this cute little card for her. I used PP from TAC for the background, added some ribbon, and wrote the sentiment with a gel pen. The image is a high hopes image, which I stamped and added some glitter to the collar of the blouse.I think she will love getting this...she is always admiring my cards. She wants to stamp with me, which I have let her, but I definitely need to let her do more. She is such a creative little girl, and I love her so much. Well enough bragging about my adorable little girls...=)

Thanks so much for stopping by today, and have a great week!

Jessica

No comments: