Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Ornament attempt #2!!!!

IT WORKED! I don't know why I do this to myself. I HAD to make an ornament...I could have just gone to Target and bought one, which would have been much less stressful. Well here it is...I also included a few shots of the process to make it too.
I used 1" x 1" square pieces of PP (from TAC holiday papers), and I used 3 different papers. I used Mod-Podge to attach the pieces to a Styrofoam ball. I used the more "solid" Styrofoam...there are 2 different kinds you can buy at the craft store. I used the hook from one of my poor broken glass bulbs, but you could probably use anything for a hook. I also did this over a period of a day. I did some, let it dry, did some more, let it dry....well you get the point. I recommend putting the hook in first too...so you can add some ribbon to hang it to dry once you get far enough along on it. Last I added some numbers for the year. The numbers were stickers from the TAC holiday paper set. Last thing I did was put a final layer of mod-podge on the whole thing for extra shine. Well that is it...I accomplished my goal! Thanks for stopping by.

Jessica

1 comment:

Mod Podge Amy said...

Making ornaments is so fun! Yours turned out cute!