Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Friends are Flowers

Hi there. Today I wanted to play along with a couple challenges. First I used the sketch from this week's What If Wednesday challenge over at the Repeat Impressions Blog. I also added some polka dots to my card, which is the challenge this week over at the Simon Says Challenge Blog. I was looking through my giant stash of PP yesterday and found this polka dotted paper. I really liked the colors in it, so I wanted to use it for a challenge. How perfect that this week's Simon Says Challenge is to use dots! So I used that as my background paper. Then layered onto that. I stamped this image which is from Repeat Impressions. It is actually only part of the stamp. It is one of the quartet stamps...I only used 2 of the 4 squares for this one. I layered that onto some green PP, and layered that onto some purple with polka dots PP. I did use a boarder punch along the bottom of the purple, but it is hard to see the details with all these polka dots...lol. Last, I added the embellishments. I added some ribbon that went with the PP, a paper flower with brad in the center, and last I i-rocked the flower centers. I guess I am a little i-Rock crazy...my DD tells me I am in love with my i-Rock...lol. I have been using it a lot lately. It just adds so much to the card...or at least I think so...lol.
Well that is all for now. Thanks for stopping by. Don't forget to stop back tomorrow to see what I have for QKR Stampede Thursday.

10 comments:

Kristie Maynard said...

You are so good at combining challanges! I can't even seem to get any challenge done at all. Great job!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

That's a nice sentiment! I like the gems on the flowers too.


Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Heather said...

What a lovely card, fantastic sentiment and I love the spotty paper.
So happy you could join us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge.
hugs Heather xx

debby4000 said...

Beautiful card.
luv
Debby

Lorraine A said...

gorgeous card :-) the papers are lovely and the sentiment is perfect :-)

thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Julie said...

Very pretty, thanks so much for playing along with us this week at RI.

Wendy Wyman said...

Great card, Jessica :-) Thanks for playing along with the Repeat Impressions sketch challenge. Hope to see you again at the SSAT Hamburg show this year!

Harriet Skelly said...

This is so pretty - I love the font that RI uses on their sentiments! Thanks for playing with us this week at the RI blog!

joy said...

Love the flower accent on your card! Great take! Thanks for playing along with the Repeat Impressions challenge! Good luck!

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Great card, Jess! Thanks for playing along with us on The House That Stamps Built!