Friday, July 30, 2010

The "Stolen" Easter Plaque

So I had to share this with you, and the story that goes with it. I was at my mom's house the other day. I noticed this plaque on her fridge.
So being July...well almost August...I asked her why she had an Easter plaque hanging up still. She said someone had given it to her, and she just never took it down. Well, me being me, I said "Can I have this? I need to fix it." She said sure, and off I went. LOL.

So, here is what I did to it...Much better right? I thought so at least...ha ha. I used some PP from My Mind's Eye for the background. I attached it using mod-podge. I then stamped the butterflies...which are from Sweet 'n Sassy's Everyday Miracles stamp set. I colored them with markers. I also made them 3-D...by stamping a 2nd butterfly, and layering. For the all pink butterfly, I added some crystal rhinestones to the wings using my i-Rock. The sentiment in the middle was inspired by the devotion my DH and I read before bed the other night. For some reason this phrase really stood out to me that night. I added some crystals to the "i"s too. Last I added the white ribbon bow to the top right...mostly to cover up the small tear in the paper, but just for some extra embellishment too.
Now to see what my mom thinks of her "new" plaque. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: