Thursday, July 15, 2010

Watermelon!!!!

Ohhh watermelon...how I love the watermelon. I have been craving watermelon like crazy this summer. Between my hubby and myself I think we eat an entire watermelon in 2 sittings...lol. At least it is healthy...ha ha. Anyway, today I wanted to share a card I made for the Simon Says Challenge this week, which is "fruity". I used this adorable newly released clear stamps set Cocoa Mouse with the Watermelon image from Sweet 'n Sassy stamps. Isn't he cute???!!! I colored him with colored pencils. I actually stamped a 2nd image so I could cut out the mouse head and add some foam tape under it for a 3-D effect. I layered the green PP unto the white CS base. I then cut 2 pieces of the pink PP the same size at the image rectangle. I used a corner rounder on the corners. I then layered the image with foam tape, and added the flowers. For the center of the flowers, I used my new i-Rock to add some pearls. Last I stamped the sentiment using another Sweet 'n Sassy image.
Well that is all for now. I am off to get my girls from VBS soon, and headed to Kolh's to use my $10 off $10 coupon. Gotta love that! Have a great day!

5 comments:

Menel's Scrap Chat said...

Hi there
Love the colours you used!
Best Wishes
Maryke

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Pretty papers!! I like that cute little mouse, too :)

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so adorable.
luv
Debby

Lorraine A said...

gorgeous card :-) I love the image and the colours and papers you used are fab :-) I LOVE watermelon too :-)

thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
Luv
Lols x x

Marcea said...

How sweet is that little mouse - I am also hooked on melon ...mmmmmmmmmmmmm. One of my fave colour schemes!
Thanks for joining us on Simon Says Stamp this week
-x-