Friday, July 16, 2010

Frog Prince

Next Saturday we are going to a birthday party for my dear friend's daughter. She is really into Princess Tiana from Princess and the Frog right now. So I thought it would be cute to make a card going along with that theme. I am also desperately seeking a Princess Tiana purse or tote bag...lol. I was about to find a really cute body care set from Avon, for her, but wanted a purse or bag to put it in. Figures when I need it I can't find it. I have gone to 3 stores looking already. Got a couple more to check still, and a week to do it. Anyway, here is the card I made for her.I started with this rainbow CS base. I bought this paper a few years ago, and have hardly used it, but at the time I just HAD to have it. So I was inspired by the card I made the other day to pull the embossing powder back out. Haven't used it in forever. So I stamped the crowns and stars all over the paper and embossed in gold. Next I added the yellow ribbon to the edge. The frog prince was next. I stamped and embossed him in gold also. I colored him with watercolor crayons. Here I am calling it a him...if I am going with the Princess and the Frog theme I guess it could be a her too...lol. She was a frog in the movie for awhile...lol. This frog image and the crowns, stars, and sentiment are all from a TAC set. I attached the images and sentiment with foam tape. Last I added the little "jewels" to the crown. I am just loving my i-Rock!
Well that is all for now. Have a great weekend. Not sure how much I will be able to craft this weekend. This is the weekend we drop my oldest DD off at camp for the week. I can't believe my baby is going to camp!!!!!

1 comment:

Kristie Maynard said...

Very cute card, I'm sure your niece will love it. Good luck finding that gift. I know how you feel, you see it everywhere until you actually want it, then it's nowhere to be found.