Thursday, December 23, 2010

DANCE

Hi there. It is QKR Stampede Thursday here on my blog. Today I wanted to share something NON-Christmas with you. I figured we have seen lots of Christmas lately, so I went with a whole different idea. I wanted to use this gorgeous Ballet Shoes image today. I have 3 little girls, so there is a lot of pink, and dancing that goes on in my house. My middle DD takes ballet lessons, so I thought this image was just perfect for her. Here is what I came up with this time. I started by stamping the Ballet Shoes image on white CS, and coloring with water color crayons. I added some Smootch Pearl to the ribbons on the shoes and around them. Then I fussy cut them out...which was not easy with 2 little girls hanging over me saying "Don't break them mom" or "Be careful mom". I used a white CS base, and layered the PP from Imaginisce onto it. I just picked up this PP the other day at my LSS. I just loved it...super girly! I layered the ballet shoes onto that, and then added some pink letter stickers for the word dance. I added some pink stickles to the letters for sparkle. The heart border along the bottom is one of the things I got from my 12 Days of Christmas Crop a couple weeks ago. Now the ribbon! Oh I just love this ribbon! I was checking out the blogs for the Creative Belli Challenge the other day and saw one of the entries used this ribbon "trick". I just had to try it right away. It reminded me of laced up Ballet Shoes. I used a punch for the edge of the CS. Then I laced the ribbon through and tied a knot at the top. I just love the way this looks. So...you will be seeing it again...lol. It is super easy, and looks so neat!
Well that is all for now. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: