Thursday, December 2, 2010

Dreaming of my younger days...

HI there! Hope you are having a wonderful week. Well, as promised, I have another birthday card for you today...lol. Oh the joy of December birthdays...lol. Like I mentioned the other day we have 5 just on my side, plus my Goddaughter, and an anniversary. So...it is birthday card making palooza here. Today's card features one of the awesome QKR Stampede turtle stamps. Sorry about the lighting...I guess I need to find a new "winter" photo spot...lol. So my thought with this is the TURTLE is got a dreamy look...looking up at the age "36" and dreaming of his younger years. Of course he could also be thinking how content he is with his new age...lol...just depends on how you want to look at it. I stamped the TURTLE on white CS, and again on green CS. I then paper pieced his shell onto him, and colored with colored pencils and Gamsol. I added some Smooch pearls to his eyes for shine. I added the bingo numbers for the age, and a corduroy brad.

This card is for the following challenge:
Mojo Monday Sketch 167

Thanks for stopping by! Have a fabulous day!

2 comments:

Kristie Maynard said...

Cute! He does really look dreamy doesn't he? February is our busy month for b-days, but then again from Thanksgiving until December 9th we have 6 birthdays. More than I really thought about. I better get a couple more cards made eh?

having a {me} day said...

Ahhh, cute card! Love the little turtle. keeleyxx