Thursday, December 16, 2010

Gift Card Holder

Hi there. Hope you are having a wonderful week. We are having a snowy good week...lol. I must say the snow does not make for a fun drive to drop the kids off in the morning though. It takes a little longer to get there, and you have to deal with those people that think they are invincible because they have 4x4 on their SUVs. I see more slipping and sliding from trucks and SUVs then any cars. Well enough about my winter driving frustration...lol...and onto the QKR Stampede project I have for you today. I needed a gift card holder for my SIL's Fiance's gift, so I decided to create one using a Merry Christmas image from QKR STampede. I got this idea from a stamping club I went to at my church a few months ago. Here is the front...
And the inside...And the front again in an "open" position... Really this is a very simple project to make. You simply cut and score the CS, then embellish. The inside is just an envelope sealed and cut in 1/2. You adhere it to the "inside" of the folds, and TADA! a gift card holder! I used some PP from Imaginisce for the background and the PP on the top "tab". I stamped the Merry Christmas image on white CS with green ink. I colored in the holly leaf and added some smooth pearl to it. I layered that onto the red PP. As you can see from the first photo, you use the centered rectangle to hold the flap down. You can see in the last photo a little piece of white CS sticking out. I added that into one of the 2 "holders"/half of envelopes to write a "To" & "From". Well that is it...simple as that.

Now...please join us tomorrow for our DT December Blog Hop! We will be featuring projects that incorporated winter sports. You will want to start at the QKR Stampede Blog so you don't miss any of our wonderful talented ladies!

2 comments:

Kristie Maynard said...

Nice job, love the papers. I love these GC holders, haven't made any this year though. Maybe I should, I have a couple more GCs to 'wrap' TFS!!!

Pat said...

I have never done a gift card holder, but this is so neat I think I should! Thanks for a new idea!
Hugs, Pat Smith