Saturday, December 11, 2010

12 Days of Christmas Crop

Today I am very excited to be going to a crop. My Happy Place...a local scrapbooking studio/place to go and craft...is have a 12 Days of Christmas Crop tonight. Each of the 12 people attending were assigned a number. You then have to find that many items to bring with you. So...I am #6...so I have to bring 6 things for each of the 12 ladies attending. It can be anything scrappy or crafty. So I recruited my mom to help me, and came up with these. I can't crochet, but my mommy can! So I asked her to crochet me 72 little flowers. She is just the best mommy ever and did this for me! They are absolutely gorgeous! She even made different colors. I was going to try to dye some of mine with re-inkers. I saw something like these in the SU catalog, but they are like $10.00 of 12. So...having my mom make them was much better price for me...lol. And I think they are more special because my mom made them. I am hoping to get her to make some more for some blog candy in the future. I wanted to bag these up nice for each of the ladies, so here is what I did.
Nothing super fancy, but still festive. I used my Cricut to cut the "6"s out, and hand wrote the rest. The back of the topper said "6 crocheted flowers". I can't wait to see what the other ladies come up with. I am sure I will be coming home with some really awesome new "toys"!

1 comment:

Kristie Maynard said...

Jess, I love my littel crocheted flowers! They are adorable and will be great on some projects that I have in mind. It was a fun evening wasn't it? Thanks so much and tell your Mom thanks too!