Friday, March 19, 2010

Another Dino Card

WOW...what a week! You know that expression of an emotional roller coaster...well I went for quite a ride this week. On Tuesday evening we found out our children's school will be closed as of the end of this school year. I can't even begin to explain the feelings that go along with this. I have gotten myself so stressed and upset that I started getting migraines. Last night I went to bed early with a very nasty pounding in my head. The atmosphere at the school this week has been like a funeral. It is unbelievable to see these amazing teachers loosing their jobs, as well as all these kids loosing their school family. The good news is...we have found a new school for our girls for the fall. They are excited about the change, however saddened by the closing of the school that has been their 2nd home for the last 3 years. Then yesterday I received some totally awesome news...which I can't share just yet, but lets just say...it made me feel a bit better.
Well, enough of my problems, and on to the card...lol. As I posted previously...my youngest will be 3 this month. My mother needed a card to give her, so I decided to use this week's Creative Belli Blog challenge to help with this one. This weeks challenge was "Clips with a Sketch". The challenge is to use some sort of clip on your card, but using the sketch provided for your layout. Here is what I came up with.

Did you happen to notice my baby likes dinos....lol. First...yesterday I finally got my cricut machine! I recently got one from ebay, and the nice UPS man brought it yesterday! So, I needed to play with it. One of the cartridges that came with it had a paperclip, so I decided to cut out my own "clip" for the challenge. I also cut out the little tag with the #3. What a fun machine this cricut is...I can't wait to use it more...I am sure it is more fun to use when you don't' have a migraine...lol. Anyway, I stamped and colored the image with colored pencils. I cut it into and oval shape, and layered with the red ribbon, green CS, and the Dino PP. I used a sentiment from a SU set. I am sure my baby will love this...because she has already seen it, and was thrilled...lol.

Well that is it for today...thanks for stopping by and "listening" to my rant. I can't wait to spend my weekend with my cricut!

2 comments:

Maria Matter said...

oh this is too cute! love the dino image!!! Great take on the Belli sketch and a perfectly placed clip!
Wonderful card hun!
Blessings, Maria

joy said...

Cute dino! Wonderful job! I hope your girls love their new school just as much as their old one and quickly make new friends!