Sunday, March 14, 2010

Playing with White Ink

Hello...sorry I have been MIA all week. I really have been stamping, however I have been making cards to submit to magazines, and didn't want to post them yet. I did take a trip to a LCS yesterday and decided I would like to try white ink. I recently saw some neat projects done with white ink pads, and wanted to give it a try. I purchased two different kinds of white ink, and wanted to see how they differed, and just plain experiment. So...here are my experiments. Please forgive the bad photos. The weather is yucky rainy here, and I struggled to get lighting for these. I used a dark kraft CS for this one. I used the set butterfly swirls from TAC for this one. I stamped some flourishes in the background. Then I stamped a butterfly on aqua CS, cut it out, and layered it with foam tape. I added some aqua ribbon and a sentiment from the TAC set savvy sayings.

My second white ink experiment! I again used a darker color kraft CS. I used stamps from the TAC set springtime garden. I thought this set was very cute. It comes with this little butterfly and bunny with sign you see above, as well as some other birds and bunnies stamps. I added the sentiment "Think Spring!" to the sign with a white gel pen. Last I added some lavender ribbon and bow.

I like the white ink a lot. I think it has a neat look to it. I also purchased some black CS yesterday, so I will do some playing with white ink and black CS next. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: