Monday, June 27, 2011

3-D Daisy!


Hi there. I hope you had a fabulous weekend. We spent our weekend camping at a local state park. The kids had a blast, as did my hubby and I. We did some hiking and enjoyed s'mores by the campfire. I do love being in the outdoors. What I don't like however is the 2 garbage bags full of stinky, wet, muddy laundry that came home with me...lol. Anyway, today I wanted to share a card I made using one of the cool 3-D stamps from Eureka Stamps. Previously I shared the Fern 3-D stamp with you, and today I wanted to share the Daisy Pattern 3-D stamp with you. Let me just say...these stamps are actually really easy to work with, but as you can see, the finished product just looks great! It is like when you make that super simple recipe that you can serve to guests, and they think it is gourmet food...lol. I started by stamping the main flower onto some light peach CS. I picked a slightly darker CS for the center 2 pieces. I then fussy cut along the solid lines as per the directions. I decided to add some ink distressing to the main flower petals. Then I got to work creasing and folding, and gluing. A trick I found when using these 3-D stamps, is to have a mini mister bottle handy. I find the CS easier to manipulate when it is just slightly damp. The leaf is from the Fern Leaf 3-D stamp. I stamped those off 3 times, and scored, misted, and creased as per directions. Here is a close up so you can see the "POP" these images give your card. Then I layered the flower and leaves onto the oval CS. The PP is Cosmo Cricket (which is where i pulled my colors for the flower from). Last I added the rub-on sentiment.

Really, honestly, sooo easy, and such a great image to add to your cards.

Well thanks for stopping by. Have a great Monday! Stop back tomorrow to see what I have created using some of the Biblical Impressions images (one of the Eureka Stamps sister companies)

No comments: