Thursday, June 9, 2011

Dance Teacher Gifts

Hi there. I hope you are having a fantastic week. I am off to take my middle DD to her first ever Orthodontist visit today! Wooohoo! Life doesn't get better then this....lol. Anyway, today I wanted to share with you some sets of cards I made for dance teacher gifts. I decided this year to make sets of cards for teacher gifts...10 cards to a set. I will also be making some for school teacher gifts, but I am still getting the images all colored (one is a Eureka Image too!) Well, I started by cutting, scoring, and folding white CS for the base of each one. Then I found lots of pink PP in my stash (great way to use up your stash...hoarding paper is bad...I think...lol). I cut those to fit the fronts of the cards. Next I cut pieces of white CS to fit my images. For these I made 15 Dancing Cows and 15 Ballet Shoes. I stamped them off, and colored with watercolor crayons. Then I began the gluing and sticking process to mass produce. Here is what I ended up with...Yeah...30 total for dance teachers. Sorry the pictures are kinda dark. I didn't get these finished until the sun was already setting. So...took the pictures in my craft room. As you can see from the 2nd group of pictures, there are lots of different pink PPs represented here. I felt that each card needed some sort of sentiment on them too, so I added Happy Birthday to the shoes, and Thank You to the cows. They are all very simple, but fun. I am going to tie the sets together with some pink polka dotted ribbon, but didn't get that far last night...lol. One slow step at a time for me lately.


Well that is all from me for now. Thanks for stopping by today, and have a fabulous day!

No comments: