Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day 2011 - Lots of photos

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!!! Today I can finally share with you the projects we made for father's day gifts this year. I am soooo excited about how these turned out too. I hope they like them as much as my girls and I enjoyed making them. I have wanted to do this project for a long time now, but have been putting it off because of cost...until I stumbled upon this......at Target. Yes...a clock kit. This is a "kids" craft kit, but had everything in it we needed. I priced out clock mechanisms at the craft stores, and by the time I bought all the supplies it would cost a small fortune to do what I wanted to do. BUT...Target came through for me again...lol. These kits were originally $9.99, but I found them 1/2 off! So...I quick grabbed the 3 kits and needed and off we went. I also picked up some Modge-Podge, brushes, and number stickers. The kit comes with foam numbers, and I wanted something else. So it cost me around $25 for create 3 gifts instead of a small fortune...lol. So...to get started, the girls picked some PP from the DCWV Guy Stack. Then we traced the clock, and cut out the correct size circle. Next...we got into the fun fun Modge-Podge! The kids loved playing with this. Somehow going through these photos, I noticed I didn't get any of my middle DD Modge-Podging. I thought I took a couple...but can't seem to find them on the computer. But...here are some photos of the process. After applying the Modge Podge to the wood, we layered the paper onto that. Then we used various photos and put them on the clock. Each clock is different, as it features photos of the girls with either daddy, grandpa, or papa. I then used the sticker numbers to put the clock numbers on. Once all those were in place, we used more Modge-Podge! (Gotta love the Modge-Podge). This time we went over the photos and papers to seal them, and make them glossy. Notice the cup from lunch on the table...lol...we took a short break in between for a trip to Salsaritas...lol. Well here is the finished products! I just love them...and I am sure they guys will too!This one is Daddy'sThis one is Grandpa's


This one is Papa's


Well, what do you think? Super fun to make too. My numbers aren't "perfect", but that makes it even more fun. Have a great day!

1 comment:

the cricutologist said...

oooooh! I hope my Target has them! Very Nice!!!