Friday, June 10, 2011

Father's Day...Cocoa Style

Hi there. Today we have a brand new challenge for you over at the Sweet 'n Sassy Digi Challenge. Our challenge this week is "Father's Day". Yes, father's day is approaching faster then we think....ahhhhhh...I only have cards made, and no gifts!!!!! The good news is, I will be spending my Saturday with my mom and my girls to make the gifts. I am very excited about what we are making this year, and can't wait to share it with you. BUT...since my DH sometimes looks at my blog...you gotta wait for me to even mention what we are making. BUT...in the meantime...how about a Father's Day card...Sweet 'n Sassy Cocoa style? I printed out this Cocoa Loves Baseball digi, and added just a tiny bit of color using colored pencils and gamsol. Then I fussy cut and layered onto the CS. The PP is from my stash...leftover from a project I made for my nephew last year. Since the paper was a bit "vintage" looking, I decided to ink distress the Cocoa image and the sentiment (which is also a SNSS digi). Next I layered the image and sentiment, and PP on some black CS, and layered that onto the white base. Last, I added some brads to the corners.

Well that is all from me for now. Be sure to head on over to the Sweet 'n Sassy Digi Challenge Blog, and see what the other DT gals have come up with. Then create your own Father's Day project using a SNSS digi, and play along! Thanks for stopping by!


This is for the following challenges:

Cupcake Craft Challenge : Something with a Tail - Cocoa has a nice curly tail!

Whimsie Doodles - Father's Day

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful father's day card! The BG is just perfect and I love the image on the kraft mat!

Brodders said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brodders said...

Great Fathers day card :) Thanks for joining us at cupcakes. Good Luck x

Rachel Izakowicz said...

What a sweet card! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week x

Sheri Gilson said...

Great Father's Day card!! Thank you so much for playing along with this weeks Whimsie Wednesday Challenge!!
Sheri-WD DT