Friday, June 17, 2011

All About Summer...Sweet 'n Sassy Style

Hi there. If you are here for the QKR Stampede Blog Hop...please scroll down one post.

Today we have a new challenge for you at the Sweet 'n Sassy Digi Challenge Blog. Our challenge this week is "All About Summer"...since the first official day of summer is approaching us. Well, nothing says summer more then the beach! So...today I have a card for you using this adorable Cocoa and Cookie digi image that was a freebie at the last Sweet 'n Sassy release party on the Sweet 'n Sassy Connection. If you are not a member there...you really need to join. There is lots of fun challenges, photo inspirations, tutorials, and the occasional freebie...like the one I used today. See..super cute!!!! I colored with water color crayons, and cut the image using my CM cutting system. Then I ink distressed the edges...and while I was at it...I ink distressed the PP and base too. Speaking of PP...it is from Echo Park's new Splash collection. The sticker "sun" is from my Great Wolf Lodge scrapbooking kit, I had it left over, and thought it went well with this. I wanted to make the shells look a little more "shell like", so I used some crystal effects on them for a shimmer effect. As you can see...it did the job. Well that is all from me for now. Head on over to the Sweet 'n Sassy Digi Challenge Blog, and check out the rest of the DT inspiration, then play along. We look forward to seeing your "All About Summer" Sweet 'n Sassy creations!

No comments: