Thursday, June 16, 2011

Summer Celebration Blog Hop - QKR Stampede




Hi there, and welcome to our Summer Celebration QKR Stampede Blog Hop! If you just arrived here from KRISTIE'S BLOG, then you are on the right path. If not, please head back to the QKR Stampede Blog so you don't miss one bit of our Summer Celebration! So if you are on the right path...let's continue...and what is a celebration without...CUPCAKES!!!!I decided to go a different route this time around. Instead of a card, I used the cool Waving Flag image from the QKR Stampede store to create some cupcake picks. I started by coloring the stamp with markers instead of using an ink pad. That way I could get the red and blue on the image. I stamped them off, and fussy cut all but a small tab on the end of each one. The I grabbed some tape and toothpicks, and went to town...lol.I folded the little tab I left over the toothpick and taped it down. A little "trick"...the tape needs to fold over the front of the image too. Otherwise, the image will slip off the toothpick too easily. Here is what it looks like done. My girls couldn't wait to help get these little flags into the cupcakes. I bought the cupcakes yesterday, and they have been eyeing them up ever since. BUT they had to wait until after mommy used them for her blog post...lol. So I let them help me get the photos ready. Here they are helping me put the flag picks into the cupcakes.








And finally...a lovely yummy plate of Patriotic cupcakes! How fun would a tray of these be at your 4th of July Picnic????!!! Now my girls will be happy because they can eat these yummy cupcakes for snack! LOL.





Well I must send you off to your next stop in our Summer Celebration. Wait until you see what...





DAWN


...has in store for you. Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Kristine Reynolds said...

Great idea!

Dawnll said...

What a wonderful idea- and who doesn't love cupcakes?
Love it!

Kleeblatt said...

Hm... The muffins look delicious. Great idea

Hugs Monika

Roxie said...

Very clever use of the image!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

you need to remove my name as I am not in the hop. Thanks

Kristie Maynard said...

Great idea Jess. Would work great with a lot of different images for different occasions.

Karen said...

What a cute idea. I love that waving flag atop the cupcakes.