Friday, July 15, 2011

Bling Bling

Hi there, if you are here for the QKR Stampede Blog Hop, please scroll down 1 post.


Now...today is Friday...which means...a brand new challenge for you over at the Sweet 'n Sassy Digi Challenge!!!! Oh, and what a great week to play along. If you are a follower of Sweet 'n Sassy, then you have already met the latest addition to the SNSS family...if not...meet...RHUBARB!!!! Isn't he adorable!!!!! Here is the best part...everyday from now until July 19th, a new Rhubarb digi will be introduced. So be sure the check the site daily to see which Rhubarb is next. I used the Rhubarb the Teddy Bear image for my creation today. Oh, and in all my excitement over Rhubarb, I forgot to tell you what the challenge is...Bling...add bling to you project using a SNSS digi image. Well here is a close up of some of my bling. Any idea what it is/was before it ended up on this LO page?
You can see from the photo, I used 4 of these metal blingy daisies. I am going to give you a minute to try to figure out what it is...I will post the answer at the end of the post. For now...lets talk about this page. When I first saw Rhubarb, I thought he would be perfect for this LO page I needed to make for my 2011 scrapbook. My middle DD had to bring home the Kindergarten class teddy bear for a weekend back in April. Well...I thought it would be fun to use this digi on the page for our EDU Visit. My bling is the glittery title letters, as well as the metal daisies. I colored Rhubarb with watercolor crayons, and fussy cut him. I layered him onto the PP from DCWV. Then I added my photos, and journaling.
I was so excited about Rhubarb, I decided to share another card I made using the Rhubarb's Blocks digi. I am going to a baby shower in August, and needed a card for that. I thought this guy was perfect. Can you tell it is going to be a boy...lol. I colored him with colored pencils and gamsol, and trimmed with my CM cutting system. Next I layered with the PP from SEI. There is actually a rub-on sentiment, but it is hard to see due to the super bright sun when I took the photo...lol. I also wanted to make him "cuddly", so I added some blue fun flock to his belly and feet. Well, that is all for now. Thanks for stopping by.

OH YEAH...those daisy blings...EARRINGS! I had bought them, and ended up not liking them at all. They were just too big, so I used some wire cutters, and cut off all the "extras", and layered onto my page!

No comments: