Saturday, July 16, 2011

Shower Card

I totally forgot to make a card for the shower I am going to today...lol. So last night, I ran down to my craft room and "whipped" one up. Thankfully my table is once again covered in wedding album making supplies, so I was able to find something that would work. Sorry the photo isn't the greatest...the sun was already set by the time I get this done, and I have to get it ready to go for the shower. We have about an hour and 1/2 drive to get to the shower, so I didn't have too much time to get photos this morning. So...I will stop complaining and just show you what I made.

I used a white CS base, and layered this greyish PP onto that. I cut another piece of that PP and flipped it to the other side. Which is slightly darker grey in color. I layered this pretty bride dress sticker from Pebbles onto that. I decided to use my black ink pad around the edges of the PP for a little distressing. It was a little darker then I wanted, but it did bring out the black flowers in the PP more. Which is what I was trying to do...lol. Next I cut a piece of white CS, and hand wrote the "Bride-to-be...", and attached that. Last, I wanted some bling. Because what fun would a wedding themed card be with out bling? So, I started with some little pearls I had, and added a couple to the "back" of the dress in the sticker. You can see I put 3 on there. I really liked the way it turned out. I also added a few i-Rock gems to the dress too. You can see a couple in this photo. I also used i-Rock gems on the sentiment strip, and on the "i" in Bride.

Well that is all this time for real...lol. Have a great day!

No comments: