Monday, July 25, 2011

Sunshine Day!

HI there. Hope you had a wonderful weekend. We dropped my other daughter off at camp yesterday. So I am down to 1 child for the week. This should be different...lol...been 6 1/2 years since I had 1 child only. Well, today I wanted to share a fun cheerful card with you using a couple of images from Eureka Stamps. I started with a white CS base, and layered the piece of PP from the DCWV stack "Nana's Kids". I love the colors in this stack...so bright and fun. Next, I rounded all the corners of the papers used. I layered a light purple CS rectangle in the center of the PP. Then I layered the images on. First I used a circle piece of white CS, and stamped the Sunshine Day image onto that. I felt it needed a little color, so I used colored pencils to color the "dots" on the letters and the flowers. Next I stamped and colored this adorable little girl on a swing image called Swinging. I fussy cut her out, and cut a couple "extra" lines on her. I actually cut the line between the two feet, so I could mount the one leg higher then the other. I love giving a little dimension to my cards. I did the same thing with one of the ribbons from her dress. I layered the image under the circle so it looked like she was swinging from the sentiment circle.

Well that is all for now. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Kristie Maynard said...

Very cute! I notice she has red hair. Wonder where that came from. LOL.