Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Creative Belli 121- Make your Own...

Hi there. Today we have a new challenge for you at the Creative Belli Challenge. This time around we want you to make your own embellishments! You can custom dye your ribbon, make a flower, paper buttons, or whatever...we can't wait to see. BUT...remember to try to use up something you have in your craft room already, don't go buy something new. The whole point of the Creative Belli Challenge is to use what you have. Here is what I came up with. Over a year ago, I saw someone make a super easy tissue paper flower. Well, I have been saying ever since that I wanted to do that. I even saved some cool metallic tissue paper from my DD's birthday gift. And....I didn't do it...until today! I love the way it turned out too. I layered the tissue paper and cut into a circle. Then I cut 4 triangles out of the paper. Next, I put a brad through the center. I didn't want the flower to just have the cuts all in the same place, so I spread the layers out. I really like the way it turned out. It also gives some great dimension to the card. I layered the flower onto some PP from Imaginisce. I used a piece of green PP from the same paper line to make my own leaves. I used a gel pen to add the veins of the leaves. Last, I inked up this Thinking of You stamp from QKR Stampede, and layered onto some blue PP.

Now it is your turn. Head on over to the Creative Belli CHallenge Blog, and see what the rest of the DT ladies have created. Then play along. Can't wait to see what creative homemade embellishments you come up with!

6 comments:

Robin Parker said...

Jessica, what a wonderful idea about the tissue paper flower. Love your designer paper as well.

Joan Ervin said...

What a beautiful card, Jessica....your tissue paper flower is absolutely gorgeous and I love the colors you used!!!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love the beautiful flower you have created- love the pretty tissue paper and the pearl center! Wonderful card!

Mary Marsh said...

this is pretty jessica-love your tissue flower-and you recycled some paper to make it awesoem!!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

This metallic tissue is fab, girl! What a great flower!

Karen W said...

Very pretty, great job on the flower!!