Sunday, July 10, 2011

Christmas In July - Eureka Stamps Blog Hop

HI there...and welcome to the next stop on the Eureka Stamps "Christmas in July" Blog Hop. If you are just arriving here on my blog, please head back to the Main Eureka Stamps/QKR Stampede Blog, and hop along with us from the start. You don't want to miss any of this...plus there is a prize involved!



If you have just arrived here from ROXIE'S BLOG, then you are right on track! Wasn't her project fabulous! I just love all the eye candy Roxie always provides for us...she is just so talented. Along with all the other projects you have seen on today's hop. Well...now it is my turn. I will warn you now...there are a lot of photos here, because that was the only way to show you all the sides of this project. That is right...SIDES. Today I have a Christmas Story themed decoration to share with you. I will start by showing you what I started with. A lovely wooden block. I painted it white, and then used some brown ink to ink distress the edges of the whole block. Next I went to town covering the whole think with some PP from Echo Park (which I also ink distressed). And here is what I ended up with. Now for a few shots of each side, then I will give you all the details. Ok...so when I first looked through the Eureka Stamps site at the Christmas section, these images just popped out at me. I knew exactly what I wanted to do, and that I was going to make a 3-D decoration with these. These images are called "circles". There are actually a lot of them to choose from in the Christmas section. I used the following ones:




















I stamped each one onto cream CS with brown ink. Then I fussy cut them out, and layered onto the PP which was attached to the block. Oh yeah, and I ink distressed those too. Last, I felt the top needed something, so here is what I put on there.





This is the 3-D/Pattern Poinsettia stamp. These are great stamps that add sooo much to a project. I really felt this needed something else, and once I added this, I knew it was complete. I love the way this turned out, and was very impressed with how simple it really was to make.



Well, I will send you off now. I hope you enjoyed our hop as much as we enjoyed sharing with you. Now head on over to




CEAL'S BLOG



Remember...there is a PRIZE!!!!!! Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Roxie said...

What a great project Jessica, I like the distressed look you gave the papers.

Kristie Maynard said...

Great job Jessica. That poinsettia 3-D/pattern stamp is easy to work with isn't it?!?!
I love your project and may just lift that idea from you for a decoration of my own.

Sue D said...

This is a fabulous project! Would make a great gift too.

QPT said...

Beautiful background!!!!
Christmas

Vicki said...

I am really impressed with your decorated box..I wish I had the creativity in my head to come up with ideas like that..

transport7800@aol.com
http://mawmawsthoughts.blogspot.com/

Kleeblatt said...

Thats a great idea and your poinsettia is very nice.

Hugs Monika