Thursday, July 7, 2011

Turtle Santa

Hi there. Well, I have been working on Christmas Cards again...lol. This time around I made a set of 4 cards using the Santa's Helper Turtle image from QKR Stampede. I went simple again, since I was producing a few of these. I started by stamping off the turtle image with brown ink onto the cream CS. Notice I didn't color them. That is so not me, and I really love they way the no coloring looks. Next, I used pieces of the striped PP from CTMH and cut them to fit the olive CS base. I also cut a piece of brown CS to fit the other direction. Then I glued the turtle over those. Notice I did 2 different "styles". Here is a close up of one...So after I got all the papers on, I added the sentiment. This is 1 of 4 stamps you get with this set. The set is called Deck the Halls, and includes 4 holiday greetings. They are all different fonts too, so great to pair up with different images, or to spice up one card a few different ways. This one I used the Merry Christmas, and stamped along the side of the turtle. Last, I added 3 little red brads.

Well that is all...I am off to the craft store. I am working on making a wedding album for a gift, and silly me bought a kit to make it. Problem is the kit is for an 8x8 scrapbook, and I need a 12x12! Uggggg...see what happens when you don't READ the package....lol. This is the second time this past month I bought something without reading the package, and either over bought, or didn't get the correct thing. Well...I must "suffer" now and go to the the craft store...ha ha ha ha. Have a great day!

No comments: