Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Merry Christmas Snowman


Today I wanted to share a card I made using the adorable Snow Star image from Biblical Impressions Stamps. Isn't he cute???!?!!! I really like this guy. He is a fun image to play with. He has a look that could go vintage, or not too. I stamped him off on cream CS, and added a little bit of color using colored pencils and Gamsol. Then I layered onto the center of the red snowflake PP. I added the green PP pieces to the sides. All the PP are from CTMH. I layered all this onto a cream CS base. Next I needed a sentiment, and some sort of embellishment. Well the flower I had was a white/cream color to start. I really wanted red, so I decided to make my own "glimmer mist". I added a couple drops of red re-inker and a couple drops of white liquid pearl to a mini mister bottle. I filled it was water, and shook. I then lightly misted the flower. I loved the way it turned out so much, that I decided to spray the CS banner I cut for the sentiment too. You can see it a little better here. Hard to see the sparkle, but I promise it is there...lol. It just gave the flower and paper a slightly different look. Well that is all for now. Thanks for stopping by, and have a fabulous hot sticky day...lol.


This card is for the following challenges:


Cupcake Craft Challenge - Wish Upon a Star - Snowman is holding stars!


What if? Wednesday - Sketch Challenge

2 comments:

Faye said...

What a super creation! I love how you've incorporated the star element. Thanks for playing with us at Cupcake this week and good luck. x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Jessica, what a fantastic card. I love the fun image and gorgeous papers. Great stars too. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge. Hugs, Denise x