Friday, July 22, 2011

Sweet 'n Sassy Digi Challenge - Sympathy

Well today's challenge at the Sweet 'n Sassy Digi Challenge Blog is one we are all challenged to create...a Sympathy Card. I don't know about you, but I dread making these...only because it is so hard to send sympathy cards. I am terrible at finding the right words to put in them, and on them. Here is what I came up with.

I started with the Rose Blossom digi from the SNSS store. I colored with watercolor crayons and cut with my CM cutting system. I layered that onto a green CS oval, and then onto the yellow PP from my stash. For the sentiment, I used the Praying for You digi image from SNSS. I layered that the same way I did the flower. I added some green twill ribbon under that. Last, I added a few little green gems to the top corner.


Be sure to head on over to the Sweet 'n Sassy Digi Challenge blog for more inspiration, and to link up your own project.


I did have to use this card for my dear friend who lost her mother. Her mother fought a tough battle with ALS...also known as Lou Gehrig's disease. She left a wonderful legacy behind her for sure. ALS, like many other horrible disease, has no cure. But, much research is being done to find a cure. Actually I will be participating in the local walk with my friend's family to help raise money to fight ALS. I am looking forward to being a part of this walk, and helping to support this family as they walk in honor of their mother.

No comments: