Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Creative Belli Challenge #100!!!! - Anything that Begins with a "B"

Hello there, and happy Wednesday. I hope you are having a wonderful week. Last week was the start of school for my kids, now this week is the week of meetings. UGGGG...I feel like there is some sort of meeting for some thing everyday this week. I am so looking forward to the meeting to be over...lol. This weekend is going to be a busy one too. We are having a garage sale...it is time to clean out this house. I have so much stuff I never use, yet it is still in perfectly good condition. Hopefully I sell some of it on Saturday.
Well...onto the reason for this post...lol.
Today is a new challenge over at the Creative Belli Challenge...it is our 100th challenge actually! I just love the Belli Challenge, and am so excited to be a part of this very talented Design Team. In case you have never played along before, the whole idea behind the Creative Belli Challenge is to use things you already have. So grab those buttons from 2 years ago you HAD to have, or that ribbon that was on sale last year that you couldn't pass up, and USE IT! We are all guilty of "hoarding" our papers and embellishments, but if you are like me, you need to use up what you have before you can buy new (well at least you should...lol). So this week we are asking you to dig into the back of your "craft cave", as our Belli Girl Holly calls it, and pull out something that begins with "B". Let your imagination go to work...use buttons, brads, bows, brackets, bobby pins...lol...the possibilities are endless. Here is what I came up with.Buttons and Bows! My mom asked me to make a girly birthday card for my niece, so I thought this was perfect. I used a pink CS base, and added the cream squares. I used my Cricut to cut the little flowers from some PP from SEI's birthday papers. I added a little SEI "B"utton to the center of each. I then used some ribbon from SEI and tied a "B"ow with it. Last I added the "B"irthday stamp from SU. Well I hope you play along with us over at Creative Belli Challenge, don't forget to link up your "B" creation so we can see it. Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

What a sweet card for a girlie girl....buttons and bows! Fab job!! Glad your mettings will be ending soon!!

Dani said...

This is so cute! You're right, perfect girlie card, I'm sure your niece will love it!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling idea- I love all of the different DSP you used- and love your L.O. Hope your garage sale is very successful!

Joan Ervin said...

What a great sketch to showcase all the pretty flowers and buttons...this is adorable, Jessica!!!!

Darsie Bruno said...

this is just too stinking adorable! I love the papers, the buttons, the flowers, and the layout! what a great card!!

Kristie Maynard said...

Love it! You apparently got that mojo back that was giving you a hard time. Adorable card!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Your niece is going to love this one!! So cute girl. I love the layout! Have a blessed week!

Holly said...

Absolutely ADORABLE!!! I just love this!!!

joy said...

What a cute card! Love your colors and your dp! What a wonderful card to receive!

Robin Parker said...

What a wonderful card. Great color scheme of pink and green. Love the layout.

Maria Matter said...

so pretty Jessica, love all your little button flowers! lovely colors too, just delightful!
hugs & blessings!