Thursday, September 30, 2010

Fall Frame

Hello there. It is hard to believe that September is pretty much over! Not sure about your house, but we are in full Halloween prep mode here. The girls are "planning" their costumes, and looking forward to trick-or-treating. Well today in honor of fall, I wanted to share a fun fall frame I made using the gorgeous LEAF stamp from QKR Stampede. I thought it would be fun to alter something, so I picked up this wooden frame at Michaels for $1. I used some brown PP I had on hand, and layered that onto the frame. I used Mod-podge to attach it. Next I used my Cricut to cut the word "Fall" from some PP. Then I added the LEAF image. Here is a close up of the image cause I LOVE the way it turned out. I used the baby wipe technique for this. It is sooo easy, and makes the most beautiful images. I used 4 different color reinkers (orange, red, green, and brown). Since I made the baby wipe "ink pad", I stamped a whole bunch of these off. I will be sharing a pretty card with you sometime soon that I made with this leaf too. So...I fussy cut the leaves, and attached them to the frame. Last, I added some "bling". I used my i-Rock to attach the crystals. The swirls reminded me of wind blowing. You know how they always drawn wind in a picture, well that is what the swirls looked like to me.
Well that is all for now. Thanks for stopping by! Oh, and be sure to stop by the QKR Stampede store either to get this leaf for yourself, or some of the other awesome images available.
I am using this project for this weeks Simon Says Challenge too. The challenge is to make a project using the photo inspiration provided.

2 comments:

Kristie Maynard said...

Jess, this turned out beautifully! Love it! I have been working with that leaf stamp too and just love it. You'll be seeing it on some of my projects in the not too distant future.
Maybe you could do a little tutorial on the baby wipe technique, would love to hear more about that one.

Jane said...

It is gorgeous and I know just what you mean about the swirls! thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp, hugs, Jane xxx