Monday, September 6, 2010

Wild Thing!!!!

Hi there! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend....well if you celebrated a holiday weekend...lol. We didn't do any big events...well unless shoe shopping counts. My girls all needed some sort of new shoes. So off we went to get ballet shoes, dress shoes, sneakers, and "fancy shoes" as my little one calls them. The good news is our trip to the shoe store was a success, and everyone has footwear that fits now.
Well, I don't know how much time I will get to create this week with school starting, but I was able to sneak down and make a quick card tonight. I made this card for 2 different challenges. First I used this week's Mojo Monday Sketch. I really liked the sketch this week. It was a fun one. I also combined this with this week's Cupcake Craft Challenge. Which is "Books and Stories"...your card/project is supposed to be inspired by a book or story. Well here is what I came up with.I have had this stamp FOREVER! I just love Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak. When I was in college, I actually got to meet Mr. Sendak in person! It was such an awesome experience for me. I have always loved children's literature, so to meet one of the best author/illustrators was great! He even autographed my copy of Where the Wild Things Are! Well anyway...I decided to use that book as my inspiration, since I happen to have the stamps too. I actually have 3 of the "wild things" stamps, but have always loved this guy. I stamped him and colored with colored pencils. I trimmed the image into a circle, and layered onto a green CS circle. The PP and colored CS are all from the same paper set. It is from one of the All in One kits from Creative Keepsakes. I thought the leaves PP was perfect. The twill ribbon is from TAC. For the tag, I layered some scrap pieces from the colored CS pieces onto the chipboard tag and trimmed it down. I hand wrote "Wild Thing", and tied a knot with the twill ribbon. I thought this would make a cute birthday card, and would be fun to write something about a wild rumpus.

Well that is all for now. Don't forget to stop by on Friday for the QKR Stampede Fall/Halloween Blog hop!

3 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a fun card! Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

Catherine said...

Thank you so much for joining us this week at Cupcake Craft and for sharing your very special memories ! Your card is so cool and fun ! Good luck ! Smiles from Catherine

Kristie Maynard said...

Very cute! I love childrens literature and used to read so many great books when the kids were younger. Some of the "chapter books" are just wonderful!