Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Creative Belli Challenge 101 - Embellish with a Number!

Hello there! Happy Wednesday! Hope you are having a wonderful week. Today we have a brand new Creative Belli Challenge for you! We would like you to embellish with a number. Now...don't forget the "spirit" of the Belli challenge is to use something you already have in your stash. We are trying to help you use up what you have...lol. So this week search through that chipboard, rub-ons, brads, etc, and find something with a number on it. Here is what I came up with.I decided to take advantage of this # challenge by making a 1st birthday card. I don't "need" the card until November, but what a great time to get it done! I used the adorable Cocoa mouse with birthday hat image from Sweet 'n Sassy. I colored him with markers, and layered onto this adorable piece of BOY colored birthday hat paper (as a mom of 3 girls blue is a foreign color to me). The PP is actually a "scrap" from the album I made for my nephew, so this is perfect to use for his birthday card! Now...my number embellishment...I pulled out the GIANT tin of chipboard letters and numbers, and dug...yes dug. Why did I have to dig? Well brilliant me decided when I bought the chipboard #'s and letters to punch them all out so that I wouldn't have to try to find something when I needed it. LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!! MISTAKE! Now I can't find what I need at all! So, I haven't touched the giant bin of already punched out chipboard pieces in forever! I think I bought it about 2 years ago. So, after about 10 minutes of searching (no lie) I finally found a #1. And this lovely star was in there too! So I layered the #1 onto the star.

Now it is your turn. Start digging into that giant tin full of chipboard, or whatever you have. We want to see what you come up with. So head on over to the Creative Belli Challenge and link up your number embellished project. Don't forget to check out what the other talented Belli Girls came up with too!

8 comments:

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Adorable card for your nephew, Jess! That paper is perfect with the image!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

How cute to have the One on the star! Great job!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Too funny- in an effort to be efficient- you made more work for yourself..now you'll have to challenge yourself to use chipboard once a month.....Darling Blue card! I love the cute image you used and you will be all ready in November!

joy said...

Soooo cute! Love the number with the star and you've done a great job of coloring.

Joan Ervin said...

I had to laugh at your post about the chipboard numbers...I have done the same thing so I feel your pain...LOL!!!! Your card is adorable...the little mouse image is sooo cute and I'm sooo glad you finally found the 1!!!

Kristy Smith said...

I love this card! And I know how frustrating it can be when you are looking for something that you KNOW you have, but just can't find it! Thanks so much for the great card! I think I'll give this challenge a try! =)

Ceal said...

adorable! love that mouse :)

Maria Matter said...

this is adorable Jessica!