Friday, September 10, 2010

PENGUINS!!!!

So the first time I saw these penguin stamps from Repeat Impressions, I HAD to have them! I just love them...they are so super cute! So when the Stamp Scrap Art Tour came to town, I had my money ready to stop at Wendy's booth and get the full sheet of these guys. So today I wanted to show you a card I made using this week's What If? Wednesday Sketch from the Repeat Impressions blog. See...I told you the penguins were cute! I started by stamping the bigger image with the ornament. I stamped him off, and colored his beak and feet, and then added some crystal effects to the globe. Oh, and some stickles to the "hook" thingy (technical term). I trimmed it down, and layered onto some striped PP. I decided to stick with all black and white for this card. The PP are from the Glitter stack from DCWV. I layered the penguin onto the star and circle PP. The ribbon is some stretchy silver ribbon I had in my stash. For the little diamonds, I cut a black one that is slightly larger then the white ones. I stamped the little penguin using black ink on the white diamonds, and white ink on the black diamond. I also ink distressed the edges of the black diamond. I used the same silver ribbon for behind the diamonds. I really liked the way it turned out with so little color on the card. OH...I forgot...I couldn't get the orange marker to show up on the black, so I used orange stickles instead.

Ok I think that is all for now! Thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Kristie Maynard said...

Seriously adorable! It looks even better in person when you can see that shiney bulb with the crystal accents. Very very cute!

joy said...

Love the colors! You've done a great job combining the images!

Lynette said...

Darling - they ARE cute penguins, aren't they? :) Love the black and white and great job on the sketch. Thanks for taking the Repeat Impressions challenge! (And how fun you got to meet Wendy!)

Maria Matter said...

awww, this is so adorable! love the image!
hugs & blessings!

CraftyJane said...

This is so adorable! ... you should check out Papercraft Star and enter some of your fab stuff! http://www.papercraftstar.blogspot.com