Tuesday, September 7, 2010

My Vintage Attempt

Ok...so I really really wanted to play along with the Let's Ink It Up challenge this time, BUT you have to make a bookmark or tag with a VINTAGE twist. Ok...first let me say...if you have ever seen anything on my blog, you know vintage is not my thing...lol. I really like bright clean crisp looks, so this was a tough one for me. I decided to give it a shot and play along with the Let's Ink It Up Challenge #2. So...whenever anyone says vintage the first thing that comes to my mind is Tim Holtz. Well, not him but his products....lol. Well, last year I won a Tim Holtz stamp set, and have used it maybe once, and that was only for the heart in the set. So I decided to pull it out for this one. I decided to make a tag, but it could be used as a bookmark too. I started by using 2 different colors of chalk inks from SEI to ink distress the tag. Next, I stamped the heart in a deep red ink color. Then I stamped the sentiment in Versamark, and heat embossed it with copper embossing powder. Last, I added 5 different ribbon scraps to the tag hole. I tied each of them into knots, and trimmed the ends of the ribbon so they weren't too long. Well, hopefully it looks vintage...lol. I tried...lol. Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Kristie Maynard said...

I think you did a great job! I have a tough time with vintage too. I guess the techniques are there in my head, but I just don't tend to use them. First thing I think of is Tim too, when vintage comes up. He is very talented and I love what he does. Guess it just isn't me though.

Unknown said...

You have done a fantastic job, I love Tim Holtz stamps. So glad you joined Let's Ink It Up this week and hope to see you again soon.

BlueRose said...

It looks really good to me. I think you did a fantastic job, hope ya win♥ LOL

Carol said...

You did a good job . . . vintage isn't an "easy" look to achieve and it almost goes hand-in-hand with collage, which I REALLY struggle with. A very good friend of mine (who is an art teacher and amazing artist) says you just have to keep creating --- practice, practice, practice.

Tammy (LaDiva) said...

Vintage is not really my thing either but let me say that you did a terrific job with this tag! Thanks a million for joining us at Let's Ink It Up!!

Hugzzzz
Tammy

Claire said...

Great job, love your tag and the stamps are fab!! Thanks for joining us at Let's Ink It Up, good luck and hope to see you next time too :-)
Claire xx

Agnieszka M said...

Your Tag is adorable. I love your idea.
Great Job!!!

Thank you for playing with us on the LET'S INK IT UP challenge. Good Luck!

Hugs,
Agnieszka

Dragonlady said...

Hi there

You have done really well, love the sentiment. Thanks for playing at Let's Ink It Up.

Hugs Ali x