Thursday, September 9, 2010

Somethings Brewing!!!! QKR Stampede Blog Hop!

Hello!!! Welcome Welcome! I am so glad you are hopping along with us today! Today is the QKR Stampede Design Team Blog Hop! We are featuring fall and Halloween images today from the awesome QKR Stampede stamp line. Now...first order of business...if you are starting here on my blog, you need to head on over to the QKR Stampede Blog, and start from there. Trust me you won't regret taking the time to do that. If you arrived here from...
...then you are right on track!



So now...onto my creations. I have 2 for you today. I just loved the choices of Halloween images in the QKR Stampede Store. So many adorable fall images too. I decided to go with some Halloween stamps for this hop. My first project is a card. I just LOVED this little bat image he caught my eyes right away. You can find him HERE , and his name is Blind Bat.
I stamped him off and colored him with water color crayons. I find that when an image is "meant" to be black, I like to either use colored pencils or water color crayons. It also helps to see all the details on his wings too. I made his little glasses orange because of the whole orange being a Halloween color. I "fussy cut" him and layered onto a black CS diamond. The PP is from SEI, and I had to get it when I saw it, because I thought it would go so well with this stamp! For the sentiment, I hand wrote with white gel pen onto black CS, and layered the pieces of black onto the crazy lined PP. The black and white "crazy lines" paper is actually the reverse side of the bat PP. I thought it looked neat because it brought out the lines in the back of the bats too. It is hard to see from the photo, but there are green crazy lines on the bat paper too. Here is my second project for this hop. This adorable little witch is called Riding. I colored her with colored pencils and Gamsol (my latest favorite thing EVER...lol). I used a sizzix pillow box die, and cut out the pillow box. I "fussy cut" the little witch out and layered her onto the pillow box front. I added some yellow stickles to be stars. I thought this might be a cute classroom gift for Halloween treats...of course that would mean I have to mass produce 50 of them...lol. So...not positive if I am going to go with this yet. LOL. I really liked this image though because it is very cute...she isn't a scary looking witch at all. As a matter of fact, pretty much all the Halloween images in the QKR Stampede store are cute and not scary looking. As a mom of little ones, I like that a lot!

Well that is all I got for you. Don't forget to leave comments as you hop along...there is a PRIZE involved in our hop today! You will need to be sure to leave a comment on each DT lady's blog, as well as the QKR Stampede Blog. Now...I am going to send you off on a broomstick to

JERUSHA'S BLOG!!!!

If at any point during the hop (flight), you get lost, just head on back to the QKR Stampede Blog and find your next stop. Thanks so much for flying by!!!! Have a SPOOK-tacular day!

14 comments:

Barb said...

I love the bat card!!! He is just too cute!!! I have that little witch stamp too!

Holly said...

Too dadgummed CUTE! Love that bat card and that adorable witch with the pumpkin in her hand!

Chrissy D said...

ADORABLE cards - Jessica! Love the pouch!!!! Great ideas!

Carol said...

I LOVE that bat card, Jess! And the witch pillow box -- super, super cute! I agree, 50 would be a lot of fussy cutting! LOL

racinggrandma61 said...

What adorable projects. Wow you have been busy too. Great job.

Ceal said...

super cute! love that card

Kristie Maynard said...

Very cute projects. I especially like the little pillow box, but 50 of them? Wow! That would be quite the project!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

great projects!

Sheila said...

The little bats look great on the patterned green background! The treat pouch is really cute, too!

Dawnll said...

That bat card is to cute, love that it isn't scary either. Fun coloring and I love pencils and gamosol also.

Sue D said...

Fabulous Halloween projects--the blind bat and the witch are adorable.

Anonymous said...

cute cards! Thank you for sharing your ideas. I just need time to play! Jackie
pjritsema!comcast.net

Unknown said...

I love that bat stamp and the witch coloring is just great! Great job on your projects:)


I also have a giveaway over at my blog if u are interested...
http://thelittlefrogdesign.blogspot.com/2010/09/2nd-anniversary-giveaway.html

Lorraine said...

Jess, the bat card is so cute. I think I would use the stamp to tell someone they are driving me batty. I love all of these Halloween stamps. They are so great.