Thursday, September 9, 2010

QKR Stampede Thursday!!!!

Hi there! Hope you are having a wonderful week. We are officially back to school here, which means back to EVERYTHING and welcome back crazy mom (that is me...lol). Not only did school start this week, but dance, gymnastics, girl scouts, etc... Plus, I am volunteering this year to be a cafeteria monitor, so EVERY Tuesday my little one and I head off to have "lunch with the big kids". I think it will be a nice experience, and a great way for me to get to know the kids at our new school better. Well, since things are a bit crazy busy, I did plan a couple of my posts this week early...to save me some time this week. This is one of them...lol. Since I had the card ready, I thought I would get the post ready. I wanted to share a card with you that I made using some paper piecing and the lovely QKR Stampede image called Flower Bouquet. I actually made this card to submit to a magazine, but obviously since I am sharing it, I was NOT chosen this time. =( I started with a white CS base, and layered this flower PP from SEI onto that. I used some ribbon from my stash along the bottom too. Next, I colored the image using the same colors in the PP, and paper pieced the leaves and flower centers onto the stamped image. I cut the image into an oval shape, and layered onto a yellow-orange oval. The sentiment is also from QKR Stampede, and is called Just a Note. I stamped it and cut it into an oval shape. I even decorated the inside of this card...which I very rarely do. I used a couple of the flowers from the PP for the inside.

NOW onto some business...lol. Tomorrow is the QKR Stampede DT Sept. blog hop. Please join us for the last hop with the current Design Team. We will be featuring some of the fabulous Fall and Halloween images from the QKR Stampede store. Now as we have done in the past, our blog hop will start at the QKR Stampede Blog HERE. From there, you will be able to hop along to each talented DT ladies blog to see her wonderful creations. Hope to see you there!

2 comments:

Carol said...

Very cute, Jess! I love the look of paper piecing!

Kristie Maynard said...

Great job on this one Jess! All geared up for that blog hop!