So first I want to say...HAPPY SEPTEMBER! Can't believe it is September already! I remember as a kid time seemed to move so slow, and my parents used to say "No it doesn't". Well, I get that now. Before you know it, we will be saying Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year. Well...I will try to focus on today...lol.
Today is Wednesday...which means it is Creative Belli Challenge day. It was so nice to see so many people played along with our last challenge. I hope you will join us again this time. Since we are all about using stuff we have, or haven't touched in forever, today our theme is to use an old stamp. Now...I wasn't sure how old to go with this one...since I do have some stamps that are probably 15 years old now. So, I went and dug through my drawer of "old stamps", and came out with a gumball machine stamp...that I can honestly say I don't think I have EVER used. Next, I reached in again to find something to put inside the gumball machine. So...out came a little Hero Arts Candy Corn stamp that has been collecting dust. I have had the gumball machine for so long, I don't even know who made it. I think I picked it up at a show about 12-15 years ago...lol. So I everything stamped and put together, and I can honestly say...I wasn't happy with it. My mom and my DH really liked it though, and with being so sick this past weekend, I couldn't make it back down to my craft room to try again. I did start another card, but didn't get to finish it, so here is the gumball machine card. So, I stamped the gumball machine, and colored it with markers. For the "filling", I first stamped the part that would be filled with candy onto another piece of white CS. I also stamped it onto some acetate, so it would look like it is colored in glass.
After stamping the candy corn image, using some masking technique to do it, I layered it all together to look like the machine was filled with candy corn. Next, I layered it onto this candy corn PP that I believe was a from a set I bought at the Target $1 spot a while back. Last, I decided to add a Halloween sentiment, which is from a TAC set I have had for about a year. I stamped the sentiment onto some yellowish orange CS, and trimmed it to fit. Everything was layered onto a white CS base. Well, that is all for now. Don't forget to head on over to the Creative Belli Challenge Blog, and check out what the rest of the Belli Girls put together for you to see. AND...we would love for you to play along with us. So...dig into the back of that stamp drawer or shelf, grab out an old stamp, and play along with us. Don't forget to link your project to the bottom of the Creative Belli Challenge 99 post so we can see what you came up with!