Friday, September 24, 2010

My first Magnolia!!!

So when I first saw the Magnolia stamps, I didn't like them. Something about the no face thing was a bit weird to me, but I can honestly say they are growing on me. I finally decided I wanted one, but have been putting off getting one because they are a little more expensive then some other stamps. Well, good news...I WON one, and the wonderful people over at Kona Kid Krafters also threw in a few stamped off images for me too. I was chosen as this quarter's mommy helper winner, and won a Magnolia image, some flowers, and a butterfly stamp. Well, I wanted to play with one of these stamped off images right away. So I sat down yesterday and colored the image, and began the "add wayyyy too much stickles because it is fun" process. Here is what I came up with. I am also using this card for this week's Simon Says Challenge, which is a sketch this week. I just love the way this turned out. I colored the image with markers, and added some (well a lot) of stickles to her wings and wand. I used my wonderful new fiskers rolling cutter thingy that my dear friend Diana gave me to cut around Tilda. I used a little olive green chalk pad to ink distress the edges. The PP I picked up the other day at Target in the $1 spot (because I totally needed to buy more paper....LOL!). The little sentiment is from SU, and I also ink distressed that CS too. Last, I added the little flowers (which were in my goodie bag candy I won), and the little i-Rock pearls. I was very happy with this way this turned out. I think it would make a cute birthday card for a little girl, or even a big girl. Well that is all I have had time to do this week...lol. I am hoping for some well deserved stamp room time this weekend. I am also headed to Micheal's store tomorrow to have my oldest DD do their make and take with the American Girl stuff. She soooo wants those products. The line is great, and they have some great PP too! Maybe I should get some....LOL!
Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Lydia said...

So sweet love the glittery touch!

Kristie Maynard said...

Great job, she turned out so cute.
Hope the American Girl event was fun. Kelsie used to be so into those books and for that matter so was I. I really enjoyed them.

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

I like the papers you used!! Nice coloring and glitter on Tilda, too!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

debby4000 said...

Adorable sweet card, thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby