Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Pink Poppies

Here is my 2nd project I made today. I really wanted to play along with this week's Sweet Stop Sketch. I thought it was such a nice one this week...although they are all usually nice, but this one really looked fun. So I pulled out my clear stamp set called Poppies and Clear Greetings from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps, and got to work.
I started by stamping the image onto kraft CS, and coloring with colored pencils and Gamsol. I trimmed it down, and began layering papers. The pink background paper and the striped paper are both PPs from the TAC set More Moxie. I added some cream colored lace from SU, and a little green flower. I used a pink gem for the flower center. I used the "praying for you" sentiment from the same stamp set. All are layered onto a kraft CS base. Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Kristie Maynard said...

Very pretty. I do love poppies! Great job on this card Jess!

dstandard said...

What a lovely card - love the pastels! Thanks for playing at The Sweet Stop!

Carol said...

Beautiful card, Jess!!!

Kathy said...

Pretty card! Love the colors that you have used!! Thanks so much for playing along with us on the challenge!
:)Kathy

Kelly Schelske said...

Very pretty card!

Thanks for joining us at The Sweet Stop!

Korin said...

Soooo pretty, Jessica! I love the soft colors :).