Wednesday, September 1, 2010

S'mores Christmas

If you are here for today's Creative Belli Challenge please go HERE.

Today Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps is celebrating 10 new stamp set releases. Well, the DT ladies did a blog hop, and part of it included a few challenges "hidden" along the hop. I wanted to share a card with you I made for 2 of those 3 challenges. First I used the sketch from
Janette's Blog, and I also made this a non-traditional color Christmas card...which was the challenge from Chrissy's Blog. Here is the card I made.Unfortunately, I don't have any of the awesome new releases from Sweet 'n Sassy yet, so I used this image that I picked up from Inky Antics at the Stamp Scrap Art Tour this past weekend. I just feel in love with this adorable little s'more set when I saw it. I had picked up PP a few weeks back at my LCS. I thought it would look cute on a scrapbook page, since we do a LOT of s'more making at our property. I added the gingham ribbon, and used a SU boarder punch for the scallops on brown CS. The sentiment is also from the same Inky Antics set. I used my colored pencils and Gamsol to color the s'more. I would say this is a bit non-traditional...lol. Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Kristie Maynard said...

Very non-traditional and very cute. I love all the s'more stuff that is out lately. On one blog I saw a s'more kit that the gal had put together and it was adorable, wish I remembered which blog it was. I need to write these things down or something. Too old to remember it all.
Great job Jess!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling card- what a fun sentiment to go along with it! TFS

Chrissy D said...

SUPER Cute, Jessica! Thank you for playing along in my challenge!

Janette said...

Jess- this is so cute! What a cute little image and the dp is perfect for it. Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge and good luck :)