Thursday, September 2, 2010

Have a....

Hi there. It is Thursday, which means today is the day I share some QKR Stampede images with you. Today I decided to share the Med. Moose stamp with you. I specifically say medium, because this adorable guy actually comes in 3 sizes! I really liked this guy because he could be used for a few different purposes. He has a bandage on his antler, so could be a good well card, but he also has this expression on his face that could go so many different ways. He almost looks like his is singing, or just saying "DUH"! Today I used him as just a "hello" type card. Here is it.This card is smaller then I usually make. It could even be a good size for a gift enclosure card. Ok...do you see what I mean about the moose? I colored this guy with colored pencils and gamasol. I tried gamasol for the first time this past weekend, and HAD to have it. I love the effect it gives, and the fact that I didn't have to buy new colored pencils to use it! I layered him onto some checkered pieces of PP. The sentiment is actually a QKR Stampede image that I cut up, and used part on the outside, and the rest on the inside. The image is called Wonderful Day. Last, I added this little embellishment to the bottom corner. Now...I will be honest about my embellishment...lol. Looks like a simple ribbon bow with a large eyelet. WRONG...lol. I like to call this baby..."I really really messed up so I had to improvise" embellishment. So...I wanted to put 3 small eyelets along the bottom. I punched the first two holes all nice and lined up, then the 3rd...well...NOT lined up...lol. So...I grabbed the big eyelet, and "fixed" it. I used the 2 smaller ones along the outside as ribbon threading holes, and added the bow. I suppose I could have said nothing, but I thought it was kinda funny. The hard part about eyelets is once the hole is there, you have no choice...lol. So...I "fixed" it, and all is good.
One last thing...just wanted to let you know that we have one last blog hop featuring the current QKR Stampede Design Team coming up. NEXT FRIDAY 9/10. So...be sure to join us, we will be featuring some of the awesome fall and Halloween images this time. See you then!

3 comments:

Barb said...

Really cute card Jessica!! Isn't GAMSOL the greatest thing!!!!!! I use it a LOT. Great card - thanks for sharing!

Kristie Maynard said...

Very cute! I love moose! Always remember my motto, there are no mistakes in papercrafting, only opportunities to be more creative!

Carol said...

Ditto what Kristie said -- there are no mistakes, just creative spring boards! Cute card!! And that Moose is very versatile when you really look at the image!