Friday, September 17, 2010

K is for Kisses...

So I thought I would share this page I made for my nephew's 1st birthday gift. A while back I shared some of the other pages I made for this album too. I purchased the vellum ABC's of baby's first year set back in May, and am using an album I purchased years ago, and has been sitting sealed on my shelf since I bought it...lol. I even had a set of refill pages for it, which is probably good since the store I bought it at is no longer in business...so who knows if I could even find the pages that go in it. Well, I have been slowly working on getting all the letters done, but have a few I have struggled with. I just couldn't find the right paper for the background, or just had no ideas what to do with the page. The "K" page is one of those pages. I just wasn't sure the route to go with this one. I thought a paper with lips all over it would be cute, but worried the pink on it would be too girly. I finally found a paper that just jumped right out at me.

So, it does have pink on it, but I thought it turned out super cute. I used my Cricut to cut out a big heart to use at the photo mat, and also cut some "xoxo"s out to add too it too. So it seems a bit girly to me, but really it is not easy to find blue or green lips paper...lol. I added some white chalk ink to the edges of the heart with a stipple brush. I also added some white chalk ink to the "xoxo"s. Sorry about the glare on this photo...the lips are metallic, so the light just hit it right. I tried another shot, but it was too dark.

Well, it is Friday, so that means my dear friend is coming back to do more scrapbooking today. I am hoping to finish the few pages I have left in this album once and for all today. Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Kristie Maynard said...

It may be pink, but that's okay, because pink and red are shades for love and lips are pink too. It looks great, this is going to be a wonderful book.

Cheryl said...

Very cute! I completely agree with the previous comment. Pink is perfectly fine for lips & kisses.

I hope you enjoyed your scrapbooking day.

Jamie Lane Designs said...

Love the pink lips/kisses! Cute!