Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Fall Trees

Ok...so I was able to sneak in a couple cards today, and I wanted to share them with you. The first card I am going to share is a fall card I made using this week's Sweet Stop Sketch. I recently bought some Autumn color Flower Soft, and I wanted to "experiment". Here is what I came up withI flipped the sketch provided on the Sweet Stop Blog for this. I started by stamping the trees image (which is a SU set I have had forever!). I used brown ink. I layered the stamped image onto some striped PP from Imaginisce's Apple Cider Collection. Next I layered those onto some brown CS, and a white CS base. I added some brown sheer ribbon, and a felt brown leaf. Last thing I did was add some of the Autumn Flower Soft.
Some of the trees I "filled" with "leaves", and others I made with less. I kinda wish there was a little green in with it, but oh well...lol. I have some mint green flower soft, but I didn't think that would go well with it. Well that is all for now. Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Kristie Maynard said...

Love this card! I have never used Flower Soft, but love the look. I do have a "recipe" on how to make your own, but haven't done it yet.
Great card!

dstandard said...

Love all the flower soft on here - fun stuff huh? Thanks for playing at The Sweet Stop!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful! I've always admired this stamp and the variety of creative things gals have done with it! Your take is aweome w/the flower soft! So glad you linked up to the Sweet Stop Sketch! Thanks for playing!
Pam Going Postal